Public sector procurement fast-tracked and simplified through the Crown Commercial Service (CCS) available procurement frameworks.
As a leading provider of traffic management solutions to the UK public sector, Jenoptik Traffic Solutions UK has been awarded a place on the following 7 Lots of the CCS Traffic Management Technology 2 (RM1089) framework:
- Lot 2 – Traffic Monitoring and Traffic Enforcement cameras (Purchase of SPECS speed enforcement cameras, ANPR equipment, bus lane cameras & other related developments & services.)
- Lot 4 – Variable Message Signs (Purchase of Variable Message signs to be used in either temporary or permanent systems)
- Lot 5 – Parking and Access Control Systems (Purchase of ANPR camera based car park management systems)
- Lot 7 – Urban Traffic Management Control and Common Database Systems (Purchase of Jenoptik Back Office systems to be used in a variety of ITS applications)
- Lot 12 – Traffic Management Professional Services (Purchase of design consultancy services for both speed enforcement and ANPR camera civil security projects)
- Lot 14 – Intelligent Transport Systems (Purchase of complex integrated technology solutions)
- Lot 15 – Catalogue (Provides ability for authorities to directly purchase all of Jenoptik’s products and services)
This means that any public sector body can now rapidly procure products and services to implement improvements on highway routes and networks, without the high costs and time constraints of the OJEU procurement route. Jenoptik offer a comprehensive one-stop service, including design, manufacture, installation, operation, maintenance and support on our solutions from a simple journey time monitoring scheme, bus lane enforcement camera installation or a full SPECS average speed enforcement solution across a wide network. Jenoptik offer exclusive price reductions through the Traffic Management Technology 2 framework which, in combination with the huge saving in procurement costs, make our solutions better value than ever.
CCS is a public sector organisation working on behalf of the public sector to save money for the public sector and the taxpayer. CCS operates a number of aggregated commercial framework agreements to provide significant savings for the taxpayer, helping to protect the delivery of front line services. These frameworks are available for use by any public sector organisation – including the third sector – covering a wide range of goods, services and support. All public sector organisations can access these frameworks for free.
The frameworks offer a fully EU compliant alternative to the OJEU process, as all suppliers are appointed through a rigorous OJEU competition, with the following benefits to public sector organisations:
- Pre-competed: ensures competitive rates and best value
- Simple to register – approved within 24hrs
- Lot 15 Catalogue: possibility for instantaneous ordering of products and services.
- Tendering process takes as little as 2-4 weeks (reduced from 6-9 months for OJEU)
- No requirement for a standstill period
- Procurement costs reduced by tens of thousands compared to OJEU
- No full tenders to assess – appoint suppliers through direct commission via online catalogue or through mini-competition
- There is no limit to the value of projects that can be procured through the frameworks
- Lowest pricing achieved through leveraging the purchasing power of the entire public sector
- Continuous improvement, delivery excellence and best practice are built in to the framework management systems
In line with the mandatory requirements of TMT2, Jenoptik holds the Cyber Essentials accreditation.